By Vita Forest
Things on my table
- Three scarlet pomegranates in a blue pottery bowl.
- A streaky white resin bowl containing shells from various sea-side holidays, mostly pale.
- A stack of four water colour palettes that screw together to form a pleasing shallow cylinder.
- A tall vase of luscious pink and cream peonies.
- A hexagonal glass jar half-filled with water.
- Two writing notebooks and sharp HB pencil.
- A 6B graphite pencil, solid lead sharpened with a knife, pewter-coloured shards flaking off to form a point.
- My sketchbook and a wad of thick, textured water colour paper.
- Two cats, alternating between napping and eyeing the bobbing heads of the peonies, aliens from The World Outside.
- A finished sketch of those pomegranates in their blue bowl.